Linda has over twenty years experience providing counseling and psychotherapy to adults, adolescents, children, couples and families. She has worked in public and private schools, in psychiatric hospitals and in private practice. She and her husband, Fred, came to Atlanta in 1990 to start the Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Counseling Center. They worked there until 1997 and have been in private practice in North Fulton since then. She approaches counseling from a cognitive behavioral and system approach.
- Undergraduate education at the University of Missouri and Florida Atlantic University.
- Graduate education in counseling and developmental psychology at Troy University and the University of Georgia.
Individual Psychotherapy with men, women, adolescents, and some children*(see below).
- Relationship issues
- Depression and Anxiety
- Adult Children from Dysfunctional Families (aren’t we all?)
- Life Transitions and Grief Issues
- Identity Issues to include self esteem issues
- Marriage and pre-marriage and Blended Family issues
- Divorce and post divorce issues
- Extended Family Issues
- Parenting to include Blended Family Issues
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family System Approach
*Note: Linda has extensive experience with children and a real heart and understanding for them. She enjoys working with children on various developmental, behavioral, and general adjustment issues within their family or social environments. She also works with children in regard to grief issues.
Hours: Alpharetta office: Tues. and Thurs: 1pm to 6pm and other appointments by special arrangement.
Insurance: Linda does not accept insurance and is not on any insurance panels at this time.